If you are in a line of business that has an online presence, having an email list is not only important, but also valuable. Email marketing is affordable, quick, simple, direct, and measurable. It’s a great way to build brand awareness, increase sales, generate new leads, foster customer relationships, and build your brand. Here are some tips from DatabaseUSA.com®.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a digital form of communication with potential or current customers. It is a great outlet to engage with your target audience. This form of marketing is also a highly effective way to establish trust, loyalty, and connection with your audience. Using email as a marketing tool is very cost effective, since you have the capacity to reach tens of thousands of prospective customers directly.
How to Get Started
In just a few simple steps, you can easily get started on building a list and emailing your subscribers. First, you must choose an email service provider. Since there are so many providers, narrow it down to what features you would like to have and what your budget will be. The next step is to set up subscribe forms on your website. This is how you will start establishing an email list. Next, set up your welcome email and then decide how often to email your list of subscribers. Often, emailing once a week is sufficient and a great starting place. The final step is to send your first email.
Establishing an Email List
There are so many different and creative ways to establish a mailing list. Here are a few ideas of things you can offer your potential customers or readers to get them to subscribe to your email list:
- Free email course: This is one of the best ways to get people to sign up for your list. Who doesn’t want to learn something for free? This should be very basic, yet informative. If you have paid products for your business, have your email course relate to the paid promotion. Examples include: 5 Ways to Style a Basic Tee, Learn How to Meditate in 5 Days, and How to Organize Your Workspace.
- Webinars: People enjoy putting a face to a name (or business), so creating webinars are highly valuable. A webinar is simply a workshop in the sense that you teach your audience something specific and generally lead them to a product to purchase at the end. In the end, you are getting your content in front of a large audience, as well as gaining new subscribers.
- Giveaways: These are a huge hit and can truly explode your email list. Be sure to give away something of value that relates to your business. The last thing you want is to build a huge subscriber base that will never open another one of your emails again.
Knowing which content to share with your subscribers is important. The content you send should be engaging, so here are a few things to consider to help you engage with your audience:
- Create a topic that is intriguing.
- Keep the email 90% informative or educational and 10% promotional.
- Always use an engaging subject line to give your readers a reason to open it.
- Keep your email short and to the point.
- Test before sending your emails to ensure all links and images work properly.
- Include a call to action to lead your audience to your webpage.
Generating Sales Leads
An email offering an educational experience or solution to a problem is one of the most engaging emails you can send. I previously mentioned a few ways you can end with the sale of a product through email courses and webinars, but you can also generate sales leads through images and product samples. Utilizing infographics and photography is a great way to lure your audience in, as people notice visuals before text. Product samples are a way to give your potential customer a physical item to touch, look at, and review. Consider promoting your free samples through an email campaign so that you are not only getting your product in the hands of others, but also building your email list at the same time.
As you can see, email marketing has many benefits. It’s a long-term, stable investment that will continue to pay off for many years to come. If you’re in need of an email list or mailing list, head over to DatabaseUSA.com® and see what solutions they have to offer.